Ahead of Its Time: Citizen Introduces Light-Powered Technology and Unstoppable Style
“In 1976, the original light-powered watch featured the revolutionary technology of eight small solar panels on the face to catch the light. While the watch worked well, neither the name nor the design appealed to consumers. Citizen’s technicians rose to the challenge and refined the proprietary green, light-power technology and improved the efficiency of the solar cells. In the early 90’s, Citizen renamed the light-powered watch to become the aptly titled Eco-Drive watch, of which more than 9 million have been sold in North America.” source: http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-ca/about-citizen/
Citizen, Eco-Drive has been our top seller year after year, and it is no wonder why this fabulous watch brand is consistently turning over. Citizen offers the unique quality of Eco-Drive, making it the ecologically friendly and convenient choice. Citizen Eco-Drive, fuelled by light, any light, a watch that never needs a battery, and is backed by a 5 year warranty! This is why Citizen has been our number one brand. Many people ask us “Well how does it work?” “What if there is no light?” Citizen runs off of any light source whether it is artificial or natural, but not only that, once the light is absorbed the light is then converted into energy. It stores enough energy to power the watch for at least 6 months, even in the dark!
Citizen is a leader in new cutting edge technology in watch manufacturing. There are many different models offering some amazing functions. There is the Satellite Wave-Air, a satellite timekeeping system with worldwide reception area. Atomic timekeeping technology, atomic clock synchronization for superior accuracy. Proximity, a perpetual calendar chronograph with Bluetooth technology. And Stiletto Blade, the world’t thinnest light powered high-tech ceramic watch. These are only a hand full of the vast majority of unbelievable watches that Citizen has to offer.
So why choose a CITIZEN?
1) You never need a battery! Which means the ultimate convenience-no battery to replace, ever! Saving you money and keeping the quality of the movement and water resistant at it’s highest level.
2) It is powered by any kind of light, so it can run and recharge continuously. There is enough light between indoor and outdoor to get your watch ample exposure to light to keep your watch running forever!
3) Citizen power reserve can last from 6 months to 5 years depending on the model. Which keeps your watch running reliably, even in the dark!
4) Most models come with a ‘low charge warning’, so you know when charging is needed; and takes only seconds to start up after exposure to light.
5) There is an excellent selection of different bracelets available, from solid stainless steel to titanium and ceramic. Steel is the metal of choice for many luxury watches; titanium is lighter and stronger and ceramic is scratch resistant, plus it’s hypoallergenic!
So next time your choosing a watch, whether it’s for yourself or a gift make sure you check out the selection of Citizen Eco-Drove watches at European Goldsmith and see what all the fuss is about!